Jon’s Blog

Never in a hurry… but always on time!

Never in a hurry… but always on time!

I don't what's it's like for you - but time seems to somehow work differently in lockdown... like the children in the Chronicles of Narnia series, a lot of us seem to be arriving at the end of the week, not quite sure where the time has gone. A lot of what we once...

read more
It’s School… but not as we know it!

It’s School… but not as we know it!

The New Normal Back in March when Boris Johnson announced that the UK was going into lockdown, the song all the high-school kids were singing as I picked our kids up that day was: "We love you Boris, we do! We love you Boris, we do!"  Of course it was exciting for...

read more
Thought for the Day!

Thought for the Day!

As some of you know, I moved to Cardiff to train for ministry from a place called Bethlehem... that's Bethlehem in Pembrokeshire, but you know - it's still cool! They have a facebook group called: "Churches across Pembrokeshire" and a whole bunch of people from across...

read more
Drawing Board #3a Scripture

Drawing Board #3a Scripture

One Sunday morning a couple of years ago I was just about to go off a Reading Week. Ruth was giving the announcements and wanted to explain that I wouldn't be around for that week, and asked to pray that God would use the time to refresh me. At least, that was the...

read more
Drawing Board #3: Scripture

Drawing Board #3: Scripture

Imagine you're in a bookshop (or scrolling through the kindle store if you prefer to download books instead). You're looking for a new read, and so after being drawn to a cover (or icon), you will start to read the short blurb on the back (or in the text box), looking...

read more
Back to the Drawing Board #2: Vision

Back to the Drawing Board #2: Vision

On yesterday's blog we led on from Sunday morning's teaching about how the Early Church navigated a tricky decision (Acts 1.12-26) by diving a little deeper into the gift of prayer. The second gift they explore is the Gift of Vision. They give space for Peter to speak...

read more
Back to the Drawing Board: Prayer

Back to the Drawing Board: Prayer

Yesterday, we explored how the early church went about making a key decision (i.e. - replacing Judas or not, and with what?). There were four key gifts that guided them to the choice they made:  The Gift of Prayer  The Gift of Vision  The Gift of Scripture  The Gift...

read more
Guest Blog: From Covid to Kavod

Guest Blog: From Covid to Kavod

A couple of days ago, a friend of mine posted a reflection online - and I thought it was brilliant. I've asked, and Mark is more than happy for me to share it here with you today: From 'Covid' to 'Kavod'... Just over a week ago, I went for an early morning walk around...

read more
Drawing Board: Planning in Pencil…

Drawing Board: Planning in Pencil…

Last Sunday morning we started a new teaching series called: The Drawing Board, where we will be studying some the very earliest chapters in the history of the Church (The Book of Acts). It strikes me that now is a really opportune time to get back to basics, and...

read more