Jon’s Blog

Does Christmas even need to be saved?

Does Christmas even need to be saved?

So in recent days we've had calls from Lorraine Kelly to cancel it, Giles Brandreth thinks we should postpone it, and pressure is mounting on Boris Johnson to save it... but whether it is put back or put off completely - one thing is sure... this will be a Christmas...

read more
Body Language  I  01 Stand

Body Language I 01 Stand

A new mid-week video series exploring worship... If we can't yet use our voices, how might we learn to use our bodies as we come together to worship God? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWJYaJNGFaw&feature=youtu.be   Ps - here's how to book to come to our...

read more
Can you feel the love tonight?

Can you feel the love tonight?

Can you feel the love tonight? I know, I know, I apologize... there are certain lyrics that, once quoted, you can't help but start singing in your mind - and certain songs that get lodged in there - and this is one you'll probably be singing all day now(!)... So, why...

read more
Blessing for a bad day

Blessing for a bad day

Who's afraid of Friday 13th? A couple of years ago now (actually, I looked it up and it's almost a decade ago scarily enough!), I had a meeting up in Brecon. I arrived early, and was ordering a coffee in the cafe where we were meeting. It was clear that the person...

read more
Booking now open!

Booking now open!

From this coming Sunday (15th November) we’ll be able to book in to watch the live stream of the morning service in person. If you’re able to and would like to come along, here’s how: 1. Book Your Place You can do that either by following a link from the left corner...

read more
Day of Prayer for Persecuted Church (Sun 15th Nov)

Day of Prayer for Persecuted Church (Sun 15th Nov)

The Real Lockdown This coming Sunday (15th Nov) is the International Day of Prayer for Christians suffering persecution because of their faith. It's a chance for us to stand with them in prayer, and cry out for freedom, peace and justice for our brothers and sisters...

read more
Spoken Word: Overflow…

Spoken Word: Overflow…

A spoken word piece about the power of... the spoken word(!)... https://youtu.be/6RSt94jBZ3U Overflow   Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The overflow.   If my words are flowing from the hidden place within My language a living diagnosis of the state...

read more
Virtual Worship Group

Virtual Worship Group

Hi all, so grateful to everyone who's taken part in our virtual worship group so far! I'd thought I'd share some of those songs here too so you can watch and worship again whenever you'd like to! The link for the full playlist is below too....

read more
The Hibernating Church…

The Hibernating Church…

As something of teensie bit of film fan myself (ahem!), I've been following the story of how cinemas are coping with covid-19 restrictions with something of a vested interest... And so, a couple of weeks ago, an online article caught my attention: Cinema's aren't...

read more