Following on from what was shared by Chris Duffett on Sunday January 10 and based on 1Corinthians 2:6-16, here are some suggested questions for use in your Small Group discussions;
- What is your favourite kind of music?
- What is the purpose of having the Spirit from God (verse 12)?
- What are the things that are ‘freely given’?
- How would we know the difference between someone who speaks from ‘the Spirit of God’ and someone who speaks from ‘the Spirit of the world’? (Galatians 1:6-9 might help)
- In what ways would they differ?
- In what ways would they sound similar?
- We heard about how Netflix, a glass of wine, Disney+ and things like that, though not necessarily or completely inherently sinful, can become someone’s ‘go-to’ after a tough day. What scriptural examples would you give, from Old and/or New testaments, of believers and their ‘go-to’ places, habits and practices?
- What strikes you as surprising, challenging, comforting or anything else about the wisdom that is described in verses 7 & 8?